Monday, July 19, 2010

Our weekend...

Johny & I had a great weekend just the two of plus & Dooley of course!

It's nice sometimes just to spend time with one another & not really have anything to do. That doesn't seem to happen to us very often so when it does we try & take full advantage. We slept in on Saturday morning (Dooley even slept in too!) and decided to go to the bank to finally get a joint checking account. I've had two identities since our wedding & now I officially feel like I'm Kristin Ricks. Afterwards, we went on a lunch date to a local Vinings restaurant called The Vintage Tavern. We'd seen it before but never tried it. It's one of those great hole in a wall restaurants & the food was awesome! I even loved the zebra fabric that covered the booths...it had a lot of spunk! The food was so yummy & our waitress was great! Johny was pooped after lunch so I took him home & then I went shopping for a few hours with the girls! I'd almost forgotten how great it was to have a weekend off with my girlfriends! Later that night, our friend Annie invited us to her new place for dinner & drinks. It was a great night of fun!

Sunday was the laziest we've been in quite awhile. We moved from the bed to the couch where we watched tv until around 1:00. We ate lunch & returned to the couch because it was raining cats & dogs outside! Mr. Dooley was disappointed because he was looking forward to an afternoon walk. :( We went grocery shopping which is so much more fun now that I'm a coupon clipper! I LOVE saving money & getting that receipt at the end that shows your savings makes me happy! :) I love bargain shopping for sure!

It was a wonderful weekend & I hope there are many more of those ahead now that my work schedule has calmed down a bit. Sometimes it's just nice to take a weekend for yourself & relax.
This coming up weekend we're headed to Macon to see Johny's parents & to celebrate his dad's birthday! Looking forward to it!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!