Thursday, July 15, 2010

Home Alone.

For those of you who know me well, you know I HATE being by myself! I'm scared of everything especially the dark & just get bored very easily when I'm alone. Now, don't get me wrong I love having a few hours or a day here & there where it's just me but that's not very often. I love to socialize & if I'm being honest you can only say so much to your sweet pup!

Johny has been in Dallas since Monday for a work conference which has left Dooley & I here in Smryna to fend for ourselves. I was nervous for him to leave me alone as a single parent for 4 days & 3 nights with a rather crazy puppy. So here's how our week went....

Monday night: I dropped Johny off at the airport & came home to finish working & eat dinner. I invited my friends Maggie & Annie over for a full night of fabulous television...RHONJ & The Bachelorette. Maggie couldn't make it so Annie and I indulged ourselves in reality tv. Dooley was obsessed with Annie all night. He wouldn't leave her alone. He sat in her lap eating his raw hide bone all night. I was so embarassed when she went to leave because she had dog hair & bone debree all over her comfy blank pants. Dooley & I slept just fine this night.

Tuesday night: I got home from work & did some more work. Story of my life. Speaking of life...I need one that doesn't revolve around work. Ugh! Mags called and invited Dooley and I to go on a walk on a trail near our house with her and her pup Ellie. I happily decided to go & as soon as we stepped into the car to go meet them I knew this would not be a good idea. Dooley saw Ellie & went CRAZY! I mean literally CRAZY. I mean let's be real here. Dooley is a growing boy & Ellie is a beautiful little girl...he likes her if you know what I mean! He was jumping on her and slapping her in the face trying to hump her. Does he not know this is not a way to get a lady friend. It's so embarassing. Dooley LOVED the walk, he got to smell everything on the trail. He had himself a jolly ole time! On the way home, I picked Dooley up and noticed that his back paws were bleeding. Poor guy. I felt like a terrible mother. Apparently, the pup has sensitive paws & our very long walk irritated them. No worries, he's totally fine & doesn't even act like they bother him but I felt terrible. I even called the ER vet who was less than helpful. Dooley passed within 15 minutes of getting home & slept through the night! WOO HOO!

Wednesday Night: Same routine. Got home from work & did more work. Ridiculous. I ate dinner & then decided to veg out on the couch until midnight watching tv. Insert bad idea: Dooley laid on the couch with me snoring for 2 hours. What was I thinking? Why didn't I go get in bed? The dog went buck wild when we went upstairs. He was like a bull in a china shop. Needless to say, Dooley and I didn't go to bed until 2:30 and we were up and at 'em at 7:15. I am sleep deprived.

I say all of this to say two things. I have a new found respect for single parents. I don't have a child but I do have a very high maintenance puppy & I'm exhausted. I also have a new found respect for people who live alone. I don't know how people do it. I've been so bored it's not even funny!

I love my sweet husband & can't wait to pick him up from the airport in 2 hours!!! Looking forward to a fabulous weekend with him & friends!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!