Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Upcoming Week...

This week is bittersweet for me for several reasons. First, it's my birthday week as my birthday is on the 23rd. I always look forward to birthdays & celebrating but this year I feel it'll be a little different. Here's what we have coming up...

Tomorrow the 18th is our one year anniversary of bringing Dooley home to live with us! I remember that day like it was yesterday. I had been begging Johny to get a puppy for about a year & he told me we were just going to look. We drove up to White, GA to look at a litter of Beagle pups & I immediately fell in love with Dooley. Johny looked at me & said Happy Early Birthday! We took him to PetSmart & bought all of the puppy necessities & the rest is history. He's a huge part of lives & I'm so happy we made the decision to get him! :)

While this week last year was an exciting one with Johny giving me Dooley & my birthday party with the most special people in my life, it was also a week of heartache.

My best friend, Becky's father passed away unexpectedly & took us all by surprise. Mr. Martin was one of the nicest people I've ever known & loved his family very much. He was the definition of a family man. The Martin family held a beautiful memorial service for him in Augusta on my birthday. Johny & I were able to go & spend the day with them. Later, that afternoon we found out that Johny's best friend Winton had committed suicide. It was shocking news & definitely something we weren't expecting. Johny & I met Winton in college & he & Johny were fraternity brothers & neighbors. Winton was a groomsmen in our wedding just 3 weeks before his death. We will never forget him or his outgoing personality. We miss him everyday & often talk about the memories we have of him. He was a great friend & was always there for us whatever we needed. RIP, Winton Connell.

Although, I'm happy to spend this week with those I love most & celebrate my birthday & Easter in LaGrange we will also be remembering those we lost this time last year. I pray for their loved ones & friends as they celebrate their memory on the anniversaries of their deaths.

Sorry for the sad post but sometimes it feels good to get your thoughts out in writing. It can be very therapeutic.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!