Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yoga, Playstation 3 & Visitors!

It's been awhile since my last post & we've had lots going on!

I recently decided to take up yoga lessons. I'm the least athletic person you will EVER meet. Seriously, I don't like to break a sweat, it's gross! But...I know it's important to stay healthy & as we get older we need to take care of our bodies. A friend of mine recently became a certified yoga instructor & she offered to give me private lessons until I got the hang of yoga & felt comfortable coming to her classes twice a week at a local gym. She came over this week along with one of my besties & we had our first lesson. I was so nervous because I was seriously injured 4 years ago in a car accident & because of this my body is not very flexible. All in all, it was a great lesson! I was way more flexible than I thought & I loved all of the different poses I learned. I was hooked after one night & felt great the next morning. If you've never tried it, you totally should! I'm really excited for my next lesson this week!

So...Johny & I have been talking about getting a Playstation 3 ever since we bought our large flat screen tv a few years ago. Because Johny doesn't like to spend money at ALL it's taken awhile for him to finally break down & let go of the money. He calls me this week & says he had to stop at Best Buy on his way home from work to go to the bathroom (yea right, he totally planned that stop...people who need to pee on the way home from work typically stop at gas stations & restaurants...not electronic stores) & saw a great deal on a Playstation 3. I want to make a note that this whole time Johny has led me to believe that there were fun games besides sports & killing games that I would also enjoy playing plus the fact that we could watch Blue Rays on it. Here's what I just found out...there is no such thing as a Mario Brothers game for the Playstation 3. I'm pissed. Johny's relationship with this electronic machine is crazy. He compares his love for his new toy to my love of reality tv. Not much I can say to that! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had lots of visitors in town lately which we love! Our friend Russell has been in town searching for new jobs. My friend Becky has been here too visiting before she's goes back to teaching in a few weeks! I've loved visiting with her & helping her prepare for baby! I'm a little psycho about making sure she takes care of herself...too funny! :) My parents brought my grandmother up today to visit for the first time since I moved to Atlanta. She's terrified of highways so this was a big step for her! We had lunch at Red Lobster (her fav) to celebrate her recent birthday & then brought her back to our house to meet our puppy, Dooley! She loved playing with him & we loved having them here!

We hope you've had a great week too!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!