Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mr. Dooley


I've been asking Johny for a puppy for about a year now & it just seemed that the timing was never right. While we were planning our wedding it didn't make sense to add another responsibility to our plate with all we had so much going on. Once we were home from our honeymoon, we started looking online & trying to decide on a breed we could agree on. After much research, we decided we both really liked the Beagle & started searching the AJC for breeders in the Atlanta area.


We drove up to White, GA on Sunday, April 18 to look at a litter of Beagle pups. Much to my surprise, after playing with the little ones for about 3o minutes Johny told me we could take one home!! I was beyond excited because I really thought we were just shopping!


On the way home, we took our new little one to PetSmart to get all the puppy essentials! We also gave him a name...Dooley (after Vince Dooley of UGA) & it couldn't fit him more!


Dooley has completely changed our life & in a good way! The only thing is...he's a VERY early riser! We are up every morning between 6:30 & 7:00 and ya'll know I am NOT a morning person! It's taken me awhile to get used too but we're slowly getting there.


Dooley will be 17 weeks old next week & he's growing like a weed. Below are a few of the things he loves most:

-Blankets...he pulls all of our blankets out of their basket and drags them all over our house until they're where he likes them!

-Toys...our house has become a PuppiesRUs!

-Food...esp. a puppy food called Bil Jac (aka Puppy Crack). He can be upstairs & I can open the fridge & he will nearly kill himself to get to the kitchen. He has a keen sense of smell!

-Shoes...he pulls all of mommy's shoes out of the closet & under the bed where she can't reach them.

-Bath Rugs...he pulls them everywhere!

-Socks...loves Daddy's socks!!!

-Naked people...I swear! Every morning when I'm in the shower, Dooley stares me down & whines until I get out. Then, he will not allow me to dry over without biting my towel and pulling at it. The worst is trying to get dressed...he has literally ripped holes in my pants to keep me from putting them on! The dog LOVES for everyone to be NAKED...I mean I guess he's naked so he figures everyone else should be too! Honestly...it's sort of creepy! hahahaha!!!


Mr. Dooley is officially one of my boys & I look forward to having him around for many years to come! He has made our little family complete until we decide to have children one day!


Night...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!