Thursday, December 23, 2010

We're Officially Maconites!

Wow...it's been 2 months since I've posted anything but I have a good excuse. Between being home alone without Johny for nearly 6 weeks, packing up our entire house, moving to Macon, Thanksgiving, a new territory & getting settled into our new apartment...life has been a bit crazy!

We moved to Macon the weekend before Thanksgiving & we're really enjoying life here. Things are a little slower paced & there's NO traffic. Did you hear that?!?! NO TRAFFIC!!! Dooley has settled in nicely. We were worried about him living in an apartment but so far he's been great. Johny is so happy at his new job & that makes me happy. He is challenged everyday & feels like this is where he's supposed to be. I'm enjoying my new territory as well. It's a lot of driving but the people in Central & South GA are so sweet & laid back. It's a nice change of pace. We have started going to Ingleside Baptist Church which is where Johny grew up going as a child. I think we're going to love it there & look forward to getting involved at the first of the year.

We can't believe Christmas is almost here! This is my favorite time of the year but things have been so hectic this year, it seems like it's just flying by. We debated long & hard about whether or not to get a Christmas tree this year since we have a little terrorist living in our apartment that loves to get into everything but in the end we gave in. Dooley has nearly eaten every branch off the bottom half of the tree & we couldn't put all our ornaments out but it's still a Christmas tree & puts us in the Christmas spirit.

Today officially began my vacation for the next 4 days & I'm really looking forward to a break! I have a little more shopping to do & then it's time to wrap all these presents! Tomorrow we plan to bake our goodies, relax, go to the Christmas Eve service at church & then welcome The Campbell side of the family to Macon! It's going to be a great weekend!

We wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas!!! Remember the reason for the season!

With love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
My name is Kristin Ricks & I've been dating my now "husband" Johny for 6 years! We got married on March 27, 2010 & this blog is about our life as newlyweds! Enjoy!